Selling your home can be very time consuming and emotional wreck if you are doing it for the first time. That’s why I’ve spoken to the best property management teams in Perth – so I can provide you with the best tips.
Strangers will take on your place, look for the cabinets, peep into your room, can criticize that place that has become more than just four walls and a roof to you plus they can also offer you a lower price than you think your home might be.
Without any experience and a difficult emotional transaction on your hands, it’s easy for the first-time home sellers to make a lot of mistakes but – little did you know – you can avoid these pitfalls at once. Read on to know more about the dos and don’ts while selling your house.
- Selling your house would require a lot of your time and patience. So hire a tailored property management team that is reputable in the market and build up a great relationship with them so that they understand you better.
- Always remember you are not selling your home, you are marketing a lifestyle.
- Include information about nearby schools, universities, malls, hospitals.
- While people are searching for a house online, they look out for the photographs; make sure you have great pictures of your house.
- Remove unnecessary clutter and all the excessive furniture. The lesser the things, the larger the places look.
- Depersonalize your place. Remove all the family photographs or any that sorts so that the buyers’ feel at home as theirs.
- Make your house bright and cheery so that when they get to view it they feel fresh and it can be attractive to their eyes.
- Small fixes can make a great impact. Do some fixtures if you have any cracks on the tiles or a leaking tap.
- Buyers like to take a tour of the house so make sure it’s almost empty so that they don’t snoop into your personal things.
- We as sellers always want to maximize our price of the house, but pricing it out of market value can get your house unsold for a long time.
- Do not take and upload personal or any unwanted pictures that might bore your buyers.
- While writing any description about your place make sure you don’t overdo it.
- Make sure you are professional enough while posting it and while you chat with any buyer.
- Never negotiate below the price you have affixed in your mind.
- Don’t ever be rude to your buyers’ if you don’t like the way they talk about your place.
- Buyers’ always have the prospective eye and always form an opinion when they see the place for the first time so make sure your place is neat and tidy.
- A bad smell ruins everything and anything so before letting your viewers in make sure by yourself that there is no foul smell of any kind.
- Let your buyer take the house tour alone as it would make them uncomfortable of you sharing your stories or pointing out on the improvements you made.
- Always be available to respond to your buyer’s calls or texts. Or any of the other family member that can actively be present for them.
- Make sure your appointments for them are always open so that can make them be on time and respect you more.
- You might run into risk if you won’t fix your leakages or any kind of cracks as they might delay the sale of your place or it might look unattractive.
Follow these effective yet easy steps that can attract your property have the most smooth-sailing buyers’.